Thursday, 1 October 2015

FM40 STYLE | AUTUMN SCHOOL RUN LOOK

Jacket, Mango (old) | Jumper, J Crew | Jeans, Zara (old) | Boots, Isabel Marant (cheaper alternative here) | Sunglasses, Rayban.

I still keep to my mama uniform for the daily school run, I find it practical to have a type of uniform or look and most importantly I feel comfortable wearing it. My look or uniform consists of jeans (of course), a thin knit or a breton, ankle boots and a great throw on coat that will go with most things. 

I have tried to put a moodboard together of similar things I am wearing above. 

1. A GREAT PAIR OF SUNGLASSES
A great time saver, you can skip your eye make-up (well maybe just one coat of mascara) and throw on a pair sunnies and with the autumn low lying sun they are a necessity at the moment. I have my Raybans, but I also like the Celine Audrey sunglasses, the perfect homage to Miss Hepburn's sunglasses in Breakfast at Tiffanys, or even this pair from Mango that are only £17.99. 

2. A HANDS FREE CROSSBODY BAG
Purse, keys, phone, lip balm and other little essentials ..... that's all we need to carry around with us isn't it? So, a small cross body bag is perfect for the school run, plus it keeps your hands free to carry their book bags and P.E bags (please tell me I am not the only mummy left to carry these things as they rush off to the playground)? I have my Russell & Bromley red cross body bag which I love, but the J Crew Parker Crossbody Bag is also a fabulous option, it comes in a lovely range of colours and it is not a bad price at £98 for a good quality, stylish leather bag.  

3. AN NETURAL JUMPER/TOP
I am slowly building up my collection of grey, navy and camel coloured thin knits or cashmere. Call me boring, but they go with everything. However, every now and then I do like to throw caution to the wind and wear a bright colour and put on my neon pink tippi sweater from J Crew. I love these J Crew Tippi Sweaters very much, Boden does a great cheaper alternative here

4. JEANS
Finding your perfect pair of jeans can be the holy grail, you can find some amazing ones on the high street, like my favourite jamie jeans from Topshop. Or you can splash out, next time I go shopping to Manchester I would like to try the Acne Skin 5 Skinny jeans to see if they are worth the hype and money. 

5. ANKLE BOOTS 
Since buying my Isabel Marant Dicker Boots they have been permanently attached to my feet. I know they are not in everybody's price bracket, but a good pair of quality ankle boots are a must. I have found a few alternatives all around the £100 mark that may fit the bill if you are looking for a new pair this winter; Boden's Chic Ankle BootsSam Edelman Pretty BootsH by Hudson Kiva Ankle Boots or the Ash Jess Suede Ankle Boots or a touch more expensive the Ash Hurrican Mid Heeled Ankle Boot.  

6. A COTTON TOTE 
I find these very useful normally I have one folded up somewhere, handy to carry the unexpected at home time. Mine is a free one I got with a MIH jean purchase, I love these ones for a more personal touch. 

7. A GREAT COAT
My choice of coat on the school run would be a stylish parka, I know many of you winced at the price of my wish list item the Woolrich Parka, but stylish totally waterproof parkas do cost. A more affordable option is this one that I featured on the blog last year,  albeit it is not waterproof and doesn't have a hood, but it is gorgeous,  Jigsaw Shawl Collar Parka.

Annmarie
xx

2 comments:

  1. Love your Dickers - might have to put them on the Xmas wish list as I'm in desperate need of new ankle boots. Next have a fab khaki parka just now - really warm too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol they are well worth investing in, so comfortable, the right heel height that allows you so walk in all day. I am off to check out the Next parka, Next have some fabulous coats this season. have a nice weekend xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest