Wednesday, 7 October 2015

FM40 STYLE | HUSH'S FIONA SKIRT

Skirt, HUSH * | Jumper,  Uniqlo | Boots, Isabel Marant

I am very excited to show you my third and final choice from  Hush's A/W collection, the Fiona Skirt. You know my addiction love affair for Isabel Marant, well when I first perused Hush's new collection the Fiona Skirt jumped out at me because it reminded me very much of the Isabel Marant Etoile gathered front skirts.  


This skirt I feel is very versatile, the type of item you would reach for when you are required to make an effort, but don't want to overdress. It can also carry over to next summer, styled with a simple white t-shirt and tan sandals. The colours are exquisite and will go with many colour palettes. I have paired it with black so the khaki would pop and I have styled it all very Izzy, with my Dicker boots. When it gets colder I will wear it with my Isabel Marant leather jacket, giving this skirt a very cool, rock 'n' roll look, well I will try my best, as rock 'n' roll as a 43 year old mum of 2 can look.

Annmarie
xx

P.S Just for you Joanna, Hush have contacted me to say they do ship to the U.S.A!  Hush there may be a rather large order coming from Atlanta very soon. 

13 comments:

  1. Such a pretty skirt Annmarie...it does indeed have that whiff of Marant about it! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. doesn't it just Michelle, it was what buy me get it. x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous skirt - would it be ok for a pear shape or is it quite fitted around the hips? Bye re Hush - my camel Nina cardi pulled after only three wears - I rung up & they told me to send it back. They did suggest depilling with a cashmere comb - & kindly offered to send me one - followed by several washes to help prevent further pilling but I have asked for a refund. In fairness their customer service is excellent. A shame as I loved the cardi. From now will stick to merino which apparently is the least likely wool to pill. Now a bit nervous about my Whistles cashmere grey oversize jumper bought with the Grazia discount as I've not bought Whistles cashmere before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirt its self is quite forgiving Carol, but the lining is quite fitted and tight. I was going to size up because of it, but the skirt would of been big on the waist. Instead I have had the lining made bigger by my handy mum. Shame about the cardi, I have only worn my twice and no prob .... fingers crossed it says that way. Good news on the customer service! I had a cashmere grey card from Whistles for years, amazing lovely quality. x

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely skirt isnt it. I really liked how Hush styled it as well with the jumper, boots and biker jacket. Very verstile piece and great colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheryl, I liked how they styled it too, hence a little copy above. x

      Delete
    2. Its a perfect styling so makes sense to copy it, its how i would wear it as well as it looks so good both on you and the Hush model. x

      Delete
  4. I bought this and returned it as I felt it sat really funny around the waist (too much fabric or something?). You couldn't see it when I had a jumper on over it which is only way I would wear it but thought it would annoy me. Now I see it again I want it though! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the v drop waist with the gathered material, I got the size 10 and I found the lining very tight. I knew if I was to size up to a 12 there would be too much material like you say, instead I kept the smaller size and got my mum to let the sides out of the lining. I did that cause like you I loved the skirt and wanted to make it work. x

      Delete
  5. Oh I love the skirt - it definitely has a whiff of Marant about it which is probably what drew you to it in the first place. And if you love something enough, you will make it work for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am not as handy as you, so I entrusted my mum with the job. x

      Delete
  6. Love this skirt, I was put off by the comments on the fit, never thought of getting the lining taken out...think I'll have to order now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew sizing up there would be too much skirt material, so I thought the lining could be taken out and it works so much better. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest