Thursday, 21 January 2016

FM40 STYLE | PURCHASE LIST FOR A/W15


I feel I had quite a successful season (she says polishing her own halo) and I held back and saved for the pieces I really wanted, I must admit that was sometimes very hard when another blogger found something amazing on the high street. So, can you remember what I purchased?



SEPTEMBER
PETIT BATEAU BRETON TOP - BUY HERE
IRO CARENE JACKET - BUY HERE IN THE SALE
TOPSHOP GHILLE BLACK FLAT SHOES
TOPSHOP JAMIE JEANS IN DARK WASH - BUY HERE
TOPSHOP JAMIE JEANS IN BLACK CORD 

OCTOBER
J CREW CHECK BLAZER 
CECILIE COPENHAGEN TOP - NEW SEASON TOP HERE
TOPSHOP JAMIE RIPPED BLACK JEANS - BUY HERE
BODEN BLACK & IVORY BRETON
(Slightly disappointed with this one, it is a bit thin and clingy for my liking. Pleased, I didn't pay full price for it as I used a £10 voucher to buy it. Nothing seems to beat the Johnnie B one from a few seasons back)

NOVEMBER
WOOLRICH PARKA - BUY HERE
BELLA FREUD JUMPER - BUY HERE
ISABEL MARANT ETOILE PREWITT DRESS

DECEMBER 
NOTHING 

JANUARY
TOPSHOP WARMTH WEDGES - BUY GREEN SUEDE HERE

I was also gifted a few items, which I am always totally honest and transparent about,  a few items from Hush, their cashmere hoodie, which is great piece of luxury lounge wear that I have worn a lot! Lovely quality cashmere and a joy to wear on these cold days, still available here. The Fiona skirt, sadly I haven't worn really, maybe this is one for the summer months with a white tee and tan sandals. I also picked and was gifted the Nina cardigan, which I must say I was really disappointed with,  it bobbled after a few wears and the arms just became a little sloppy, to be honest cardigans and me don't really get on. This has now been relegated to lounge wear and I wear it over my PJ's. It has made me really re-think about accepting gifted items, which I am normally very selective about, but now I am going to be ultra selective and only accept things that I actually want, love (and not just like) and have a desire to buy myself.  On the other hand, the gifted converse high tops from Jake shoes and my Topshop 'Chanel like' coatigan have been fabulous additions to my wardrobe.

Annmarie
xx




11 comments:

  1. Great to see your finds outlined here. I too had the Hush Nina cardigan - mine bobbled after one wear so I returned it. I too am not a big fan of long cardis. They just feel too sloppy and mumsy on me - others can carry them off with style but I just cannot! Think it's partly because I favour a cleaner look. I am lusting after the Bella Freud 1970 red jumper but cannot justify the cost right now. Did you have to size up in yours? They seem to be quite fitted. Have you tried Me&Em btw? I am a huge fan especially as there's is the clean, simple look I feel comfortable with. The quality is excellent for the price. I buy mostly on sale - when prices are drastically reduced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally get a M in a jumper unless it is oversized and then I will get a small. The M was fine for me ... for future reference I am a 34E. The card was pretty poor wasn't it, please you got a refund of them, I still like the look of the Acne style cardigans but with the Hush Nina I think it was too long and yes like you, I a prefer a cleaner look. x

      Delete
  2. Ah, I'm glad you said that about the Boden Breton. I wasn't that enamoured with it either but I used a voucher too so it wasn't pounds. I'm much happier with the Uniqlo ones for the price but such a shame they are not doing a black and ivory one this season. Cashmere is always nice to wear so I can understand that you wear the hoodie a lot but it's a shame about the Nina cardigan - it would have taken an age to de-pill too if you were going to make the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hoodie was great, but the cardigan was pretty poor quality. I think I will shy away fro their knitwear in future and yes I would of been there for ages with the defuzzer! x

      Delete
  3. Love this type of post Annmarie! I am in awe of how you have a plan at the beginning of the season and that on the whole you stick to it! I also find your honestly so refreshing, it really helps to have a proper review of items even ones that have been gifted to you. You've found your niche style-wise....I think when you blog it's so easy to get sidetracked by what everyone else is buying. I think the biggest lesson I have learned is how to buy for my lifestyle which for the time is being a stay at home mum so it's all about being a bit more practical purchase-wise for me at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, its just a shame I didn't experience the bobbling before I reviewed it on the blog initially. I think I have found my niche, however on the odd occasion I still get pulled into buying things off piste. x

      Delete
  4. Glad you picked up on the Nina cardigan. Mine has been worn about three times and looks like a rag! I should have returned it earlier, but now I'm stuck with it. I know most bloggers love Hush (do they give quite a lot of stuff away?) but I have found the quality so-so in everything but the leggings. Having said that, I am hoping their leather leggings come back into stock. But I'll be more proactive returning them if they sag! Sair x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is like a rag and I felt really scruffy in it to about the 4th wear and thats when it got relegated to night wear. Shame you never returned it, i know another reader did and got a full refund, I would still try and they may just give you a credit note which is better than nothing ........ The answer to your question, they do ......... to a few bloggers who do well for them. The leather leggings get great results and those bloggers that were lucky enough to gifted them keep on wearing them on their outfits posts, so thats a sign that they are good. :)

      Delete
  5. Funnily enough, I had two of the Nina cardigans and both bobbled horrifically as did their cashmere boyfriend jumper. I was really disappointed and probably wouldn't buy more knives from them again. Hush were very fair and offered refunds for the two faulty "Nina" cardigans and I couldn't be bothered to chase up about the boyfriend jumper. The leather leggings are gorgeous though, so if they do come back in stock Sair, buy them!! I live in mine X

    ReplyDelete
  6. * Knives* knitwear - predictive text sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that they refunded your cardigans ..... my cashmere hoodie has fair well to be honest. The leather leggings are fabulous, wish I got a pair!! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest