Thursday, 7 January 2016

FM40 STYLE | WHAT I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS


My loved ones know me well (or they had a sneak peek at my Christmas wish list) and got me some lovely gifts for Christmas. Last year I started collecting Emma Bridgewater (Instagram has got me hooked!) in black toast and starry skies and my mum got me the teapot and 1/2 pint jug, thank you Mum. I also got my favourite fragrance Aqua di Parma Magnolia and the kids got me Jo Malone's Pear and Freesia cologne which I am delighted with. Plus, I treated myself to something before Christmas ......


On the 21st of December I went to get my haircut and coloured and to get a last minute Christmas present and I was delighted to see my local John Lewis is now stocking Charlotte Tilbury, well I had to have a nose to see what all the hype is about and in the next minute I found myself sat down trying her lipsticks. To be honest I was looking for a new natural looking lipstick and the make up artist tried K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Bitch Perfect  on me with the Lip Cheat Liner in Pink Venus. I love the combination the Lip Cheat Liner giving me a great definition and staying power for the matching lipstick.  The  K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Bitch Perfect is moisturising and lasts really well, I am in love with the colour as it gives me the nude, pouty lip I was after. 

I am now quite tempted to try the wonder glow that seems to be getting great reviews. Has anyone tried her foundation or skincare? Let me know, I would love to hear your thoughts and reviews. 

Annmarie
xx




11 comments:

  1. Morning - lovely gifts. I have tried the wonder Glow and I liked bit didn't love it. I've also tried a couple of samples of the foundation. I don't normally wear foundation and still can't get to grips with it.I have got the Dolce Vita eyeshadow set which I adore and I've more or less worn everyday since I got it early December.I'm keen to try her mascara and eyeliners next xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning - lovely gifts. I have tried the wonder Glow and I liked bit didn't love it. I've also tried a couple of samples of the foundation. I don't normally wear foundation and still can't get to grips with it.I have got the Dolce Vita eyeshadow set which I adore and I've more or less worn everyday since I got it early December.I'm keen to try her mascara and eyeliners next xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the eyeshadows are getting great feedback ...... one to try. thanks Tracey. x

      Delete
  3. I got the wonder glow & didn't really see it doing anything.. I think the hourglass powders are better for the glow !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the tip, i will not be getting the wonder glow, the general opinion is that there is better products in her collection. x

      Delete
  4. I must confess, I'm a bit of a CT addict! The products are packaged so beautifully, it's a little bit of luxury every day. I really like the mascara, it's my all time favourite. I've also got the brow pencil, eyeliner in Sophia, the bronze and highlight set, under eye concealer....my list goes on ;) I've not bought any lip products, mainly because I'm in Switzerland and would definitely want to try before buying for lip colours. Our holidays have been so busy, I couldn't make it up to London (I'd love to go to the Covent Garden shop), will be interesting to see if our local JL is stocking by Easter...lovely gifts, you did very well. My top gift was a Michael Kors crossbody bag in red. I have the R&B like yours, but in black and have always admired the pop of red with an outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you got the Michael Kors bag in red, my mum treated herself to it in black, it is really nice. You are a bit of a CT addict aren't you, the packaging I must agree is lovely and the Covent Garden store looks amazing, I was quickly walked passed it on route to the James Bond Museum by the boys in my family. Fingers crossed your local JL gets a concession, the one in my store is massive and very glam! x

      Delete
  5. Oh, for glow, my fave is the Becca shimmering skin perfector in Opal http://uk.spacenk.com/en_GB/shimmering-skin-perfector/MUK200010466.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annmarie, Have you been to the Emma Bridgewater factory shop in Stoke? You and the children would love it as there is a decorating studio where you can make some special memories on EB pottery. Also loads of seconds EB to add to your growing collection! I haven't tried any CT face makeup, but have got an eye crayon I'm not that fussed by it tbh. I agree with mystyletreasure though Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't Andrea, maybe thats one for the school holidays. I have purchased a few seconds (mugs) online and they look perfect to me. Becca skin perfector has been added to my wish list .... thanks :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest