Friday, 11 March 2016

FM40 STYLE | CASUAL DRESSING FOR A 40 SOMETHING


This post is another request from a reader who would like some advice on dressing casually, but with a polished look rather than looking or feeling like a scruffy student. Well, until recently I didn't really wear trainers or converse, I was more comfortable in ballet pumps or ankle boots, but I have come to love them and for days that involve running around they are perfect. 

I tend to wear mine with a tailored blazer or a smarter coat, so I don't feel scruffy, but more "me". If I wear a practical casual padded down jacket, then I would wear a shirt to gain a more polished look.  The elements I have for my casual wardrobe, are of course jeans, a breton, a grey cashmere jumper, a pale blue shirt and a nice scarf to accessorise, this one is really nice and of course a beautiful handbag, Jigsaw have some gorgeous leather bags at the moment like this one or this one . 

Here are some looks for inspiration for you, 


Images Via



LOOK 1 - Jacket | Jumper | Converse
LOOK 2 - Coat | Breton | Converse
LOOK 3 - Jacket | Shirt | Converse

Shop some accessorise below to compliment this casual look, 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest