Wednesday, 23 March 2016

FM40 STYLE | PARIS, PART UNE (sights, shopping and what I wore)

What to pack for 48 hours in Paris? Just the mention of Paris can send you into a style panic as the French just do style effortlessly. 

I needed things that would take me from day to night and a warm coat for the main reason of the trip, the England rugby match. I also had to be sensible with what I packed as we decided to take only carry on luggage. 

After, arriving Friday early evening it was a quick shower and change for a meal out. I went for my favourite evening look of pretty top (my Self Portrait top got its first outing), black cigarette pants, heels and a black leather jacket. 

Leather Jacket, Isabel Marant Etoile (similar here) | Top, Self-Portrait (new season style here) | Pants, Banana Republic (old) | Shoes, Isabel Marant Etoile | Bag, Chanel

Saturday I needed something that would take me from day to evening and I settled on my dicker boots, Ba&sh black top, grey jeans and the only handbag I brought with me, my Chanel flap bag.  

Top, Ba&sh (similar here) | Jeans, Zara (similar here) | Boots, Isabel Marant Etoile | Bag, Chanel 

My dicker boots were the perfect choice of footwear for the day, they are perfectly comfy for a stroll around Tuileries Garden and Jardin du Palais-Royal. The warm padded coat came in handy also as it was quite cool in Paris on Saturday. 








Of course a visit to Paris wouldn't be complete without a little shopping and we stumbled across Village Royale on Rue Royale, where I thought I had been transported to a village in southern France rather than being in Paris. A fabulous collection of shops, Dior, Chanel and Anne Fontaine to name but a few. 




Eeny, meeny, miny, moe??? Just trying on for size .......

Sunday was just a case of a nice leisurely breakfast and then back to the airport for our flight back to reality and I wore the black ripped jeans I travelled in, my back ankle boots and my Cecilie Copenhagen top.

Top, Cecilie Copenhagen (new season style, here) | Jeans | Boots, Isabel Marant Etoile | Bag, Chanel

A perfect weekend, strolling along tree lined avenues, with magnolias and cherry blossoms starting to bloom, taking in the sights and of course the grand slam win, Paris I miss you already.


Annmarie
xx




5 comments:

  1. Loving all these looks. We're away for the Easter weekend (admittedly to somewhere oop north and far less glamorous than Paris) and this has given me some great outfit and packing ideas. It's a shame I don't have time to order the Cecilie Copenhagen top before we go, but maybe next time!
    Sophie x
    www.fromchootogoo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds & looks like you had a fabulous time Annemarie. A couple of nights away does you the world of good doesn't it.
    Love all your looks.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you covered that off perfectly Annmarie. And I love the Cecile Copenhagen top - I may have bought one myself though in a different colour. I'm looking forward to the weather warming up to wear it without extra top layers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, oh I look forward to seeing what colour you have picked ..... I love the navy colour way xx

      Delete
  4. Hi there! I have just found your blog. You looked nice. I am a mummy of 2 small children and am trying not to let myself go, so your blog is a boost. Thank you for sharing. Will read more!

    Sofia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest