Friday, 25 March 2016

FM40 TRAVEL | PARIS PART DEUX - (where we stayed, dined and enjoyed)



I have visited Paris a few times before and I had the pleasure staying there on more than a few occasions thanks to my old work. It always excites me and I like to visit my favourite places and stumble across new areas I haven't really explored. 

This trip I did a little research (reading my favourite blogs) for Hotel's and we plumped for Hotel Sezz after reading about Amanda's (The Online Stylist) visit to Paris last year. It is located in a nice, quiet area of town at 6 avenue Frémiet, close to the banks of the River Seine and within a reasonable distance from the Eiffel Tower. It is modern, sleek and quite a sexy hotel with lots of grey slate, glass and red interiors. 





Oh and the Sezz rubber duck and complimentary Acqua di Parma toiletries made my bubble bath a sheer delight. 

On Friday evening after having our welcome drink at the Hotel and a quick shower and change we headed to dinner at another of Amanda's recommendations Verjus.  The food was exquisite, they offer a seasonal tasting menu with optional wine pairing. Once we walked into the restaurant it gave us the perfect Parisian dining experience, casual elegance, with wooded tables, miss matched chairs and candle lit (hence the lack of photos). Underneath the restaurant there is a wine bar set in a cosy wine cave space where you can obtain fabulous wine by the glass and small plates of food.


Saturday we made our way to Angelina's for our petit dejeuner, this place was just as beautiful as I imagined, old fashioned elegance that had me captivated from the moment I walked in with the beautiful counter of macarons and pastries.




We then decided just to wander around with no agenda until lunch. Since, I planned on wandering down Avenue Montaigne Sex in the City style (yet again) and inform hubby (yet again) that's the Dior shop Carrie fell over in, that's Hotel Plaza de Athenee ...... we found ourselves at an old favourite for lunch, L'Avenue




After a long lunch and further wandering, we made our way to the Stade de France for the rugby, which I thoroughly enjoyed! 



We made an early exit, good decision by hubby as we managed to get out of the grounds before the crowds and back on the train into Paris. When we were researching for where to go to after the rugby for a drink and maybe a little snack close to the train station...... I was struggling, unlike cities in our country, bars don't stay open until very late in Paris and I took hubby to Hotel Costes, they have a bar open until 2am. Well, we walked in, the bar was packed with every Parisian wannabe, I had never seen so many Chanel boy bags in one room, the music was pumping ... loud (maybe at 43 we are too old for all that) but it was loud.

We then turned on our heels and exited to the streets, turned the corner and found a lovely, quintessential Parisian bar with red and white basket chairs outside, two glasses of Chablis and a medium rare burger to share was ordered ...... bliss.

Annmarie
xx


Hotel Sezz Paris
Address: 6 Avenue Fremiet, 75016 Paris, France
Address: 47 Rue de Montpensier, 75001 Paris, France
Angelina 
Address: 226 Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris, France
L'Avenue
Address: 41 Avenue Montaigne, 75008 Paris, France



3 comments:

  1. Loved following your Instagram pictures Annmarie. We haven't been for a couple of years but I spent a year doing my work placement during Uni in the early 90's so Paris posts always bring back happy memories. I must admit I did go to Hotel Costes in its very early days but missed out on the whole cupcake and macaron trend and would love to return on a patisserie crawl! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your trip looks utterly wonderful, I love the look of the Hotel, the restaurant, I love Angelinas (obsessed with their hot chocolate) all in all looks like a beautiful weekend and of course you were super chic throughout xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love nice look hotal,the restaurant......looking very nice dress.....
    learn more this link.....
    Fashion design in chandighar

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest