Friday, 8 April 2016

FM40 INTERIORS | MAKE UP STORAGE INSPIRATION FROM PINTEREST


Where do you store your make up? In a make up bag, in a drawer, in a basket? Wherever I store mine, it always gets unorganised and a tad dirty. I dream of having my make up all displayed and neatly stored in the acrylic drawers/holders like above. I first saw these types of make up storage boxes on Keeping up with the Kardashians (please don't judge me) ...... Type in Pinterest make up storage and my acrylic dream pops up.  John Lewis have a few different ones, this looks to be particularly good or this very stylish one from Not On The high Street



I also like trays on your bedside cabinet, perfect for styling a few night time treatments, hand cream (that I always forget to apply) and your jewellery. I am very fond of these particular trays.



Then of course a little bit of re-cycling of a very stylish candle is perfect for storing your make up brushes. Did you know how to move the wax from the candleholder? Pop your used candle glass holder into the freezer overnight, the wax will shrink from the glass votive. Remove from the freezer, tip upside down and the wax should fall out. If not a gentle little bang seems to do the trick.



This is now a priority for my project to-do-list.  

Annmarie
xx


8 comments:

  1. Brilliant candle wax removal tip - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use acrylic boxes from Muji. I will say though they do get grubby & dusty. But they are practical & look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they are better than what I am using now Carol, which is a couple make bags in a basket .... not ideal!

      Delete
  3. About a year ago I bought a stack of Muji boxes which are fab as they come in so many shapes and sizes. I'm also willing (but not willing) my Diptyque candle to burn down and when it finally goes I'll be using your freezer tip!
    Katie x
    TheEclecticity.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two JoMalone candles burnt 3/4 sad to burn the rest .... but they will look lovely storing my cotton pads and balls in the bathroom. x

      Delete
  4. I've done similar with candle jar in the bathroom to hold tooth paste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is a great idea, they are also nice used to store cotton pads. x

      Delete
  5. great blog and thanks for the great tip for removes candle wax.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest