Monday, 4 April 2016

FM40 STYLE | A TRENCH MAC FOR UNPREDICTABLE SPRING WEATHER


Good Friday I was breaking out the white summer tops, cropped jeans and ballet pumps, come Easter Monday it was a different story. It was cool and windy, we were going out to lunch and I couldn't bear to put on a winter coat so out came my Burberry trench coat. A trench coat is a perfect cover up for trans-seasonal dressing, wind and rain proof ..... as you can see from this photo shoot .....




Trench Coat - Burberry | Sweater - Bella Freud | Jeans - Topshop Jamie | Boots - Isabel Marant | Nails - Essie Fifth Avenue | Bag -  Chanel

My Burberry was an investment, I thought long and hard about what I should buy with my 40th birthday money and I had always longed for a Burberry trench coat, let's face it they never go out of fashion. It's the kind of coat that I knew I would wear season after season, maybe not to the park with the kids, but for going to lunch, work or just for the times I wanted to look casually dressed up. Style tricks I have learnt to use with trench macs are to push the sleeves and lift the collar up a bit.

I would say try to spend as much as you can if you are purchasing a classic trench coat, as the quality can be seen in the finishes. I know a Burberry is not everybody's price range and I would recommend J Crew and Banana Republic for affordable alternatives. If you have your heart set on a Burberry then they do have a very nice packaway trench coat here which is half the price of a Kensington.

Annmarie
xx




8 comments:

  1. Trenches are such a wardrobe staple! Good post x
    www.similindgren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit, would love a Burberry, maybe one day. Got my daughter a very nice Trench coat from Zara last October - a good price to. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zara always do a good trench ...... x

      Delete
  3. I totally agree, a Burberry trench will last you for years. One day I will invest. I wore my Burberry blazer today which is older than my second child (he'll be 15 tomorrow) - it owes me nothing. Pure classics. You look lovely in this Annmarie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, I know ..... I sometimes think bloody hell did I spend that much on a mac.... but saying that I did have a 30%discount code for My Wardrobe which helped a lot!! My friend has a Burberry blazer that I love, the classics never date and worth investing in. xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous. You know my Burberry love. APC do one every season but I managed to look both dumpy and frumpy in it, which was quite a feat! Annabelxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to go to the Burberry shop at the outlet village near me (Cheshire Oaks) and I tried many on ..... I looked ridiculous ....as many in the outlet village are the more longer classic styles. Try a size smaller and the shorter version..... Burberry Brit are normally a more modern petit fit Annabel. Hope you had lovely Easter weekend. xx

      Delete
  5. Pretty classic trench coat, love Burberry!
    iabiti

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest