Friday, 3 June 2016

FM40 STYLE | SUMMER NIGHTS

L and I in France last year .....

I do love holiday evening dressing, over the years I have opted to go far more relaxed and I tend to wear dresses, which are far easier than packing separates. Long gone are the white linen pant days ..... I never really liked them, they creased and went baggy after 5 mins. 

After years of making mistakes on holiday, I finally found what suits me and what I feel comfortable in and it is a little dress (normally white or black) that sits just above knee length ..... maybe even a little shorter with tan legs. Now I never have moments sat in a hotel room, looking at an overflowing suitcase saying "I have got nothing to wear, I should have brought this ....."

Remember #Keepitsimple, I normally accessorise with tan flat sandals or a sandal with a small block heel like my Sam Edelman Trina sandals, some boho jewellery and a bright raffia clutch.

I like to go summery boho white, I first spotted the dress below in Liberty on a cold day in January and I was smitten, it is very much like the iconic Isabel Marant Greta dress from a few seasons back. This Sea NY dress has sold out on Net-a-Porter, but is still available at Liberty. It is a dress you will have for years, it can be worn with or without the belt.



Another look I personally like on holiday is what fashion editors call "the Italian widow look" all black. Don't be afraid of black on holiday, accessorised with beach wavy hair, a golden tan and gold jewellery it looks fabulous. This Isabel Marant Etoile Naoko ruffle dress is adorable, style with the shoe of the summer the wedge espadrille ......... summer nights perfection. 


I am aware the two dress I have picked are designer, but they are investments that you will have for years to come. There are some cute dresses still available on the highstreet (a few favourites from andOtherStories and Mango have sold out) like this one from Miss Selfridgethis Topshop one (only limited sizes left), this one from French Connection, this one from Madewell and finally this one from Warehouse.

Here is a closer look of 20 of the best




Of course you will need shoes and clutches to go with the dresses, shop a few of my favourites.





Too many nice things! Have a wonderful weekend.

Annmarie
xx

1 comment:

  1. Girls fashion and their age are always inversely proportional. You have fantastic stuff on this blog that keep the girls young and beautiful with you fashion tips. Being a fashion artist I really appreciate your efforts and work.
    Love from Royal Lady

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest