Saturday, 6 August 2016

FM40 TRAVEL | POSTCARDS FROM MALLORCA (PART 2)

Top - Love Sam | Shorts - Gap | Shoes - Zara (similar here) | Hat - Topshop (similar here) | Basket - Rae Feather

SHOP THIS LOOK 





My normal day wear on holiday is my trusted Gap girlfriend denim shorts, these have to be the most comfiest shorts I have ever owned and you have guessed it ...... teamed with a pretty white top. I do enjoy the odd beach day on holiday even if the sand can get a bit messy (that's part of the fun my two say) mixed with SPH creams. We tried a few beaches near where we were staying, the first was Illetas which was very pretty, but wow it got busy. No joke we arrived at the beach at 10am and every sun lounger was taken (well ..... many towels reserving the beds ..... I am not going to say, but the Island is very popular with a certain towel reserving country), there were just two left, the shaded ones positioned under a tree. 

N was pretty disappointed that he couldn't play his football like he normally does on the more expansive beaches we normally go to on the southern mainland Spainish coast. Having said that the views and shallow waters are just stunning. 


We tried the beach restaurant here ....... Balneario Illetas which was recommended on A Style Album, it was the corridor to the beach with a constant flow of people walking through with their bags and inflatables, not somewhere I found very relaxing, so after a drink we decided to leave. The more exclusive area (the bit behind the rope) was reserved for a private party, so sadly I couldn't  experience that.

Dress - Mango (Similar Here) | Sunglasses - RayBan | Basket - Rae Feather

SHOP THIS LOOK




Another beach we tried was Cala Cap Falco Beach, this was so beautiful. Again, all the beds were taken at 10am ...... we nearly wet ourselves laughing. Albeit, there were only a few sun loungers, this beach is trying to keep an air of exclusivity about it and the beds have to be pre-booked. At the time his dairy was booked up for 7 days. It was the first time in years I had laid my towel on the sand and you know what, I pleasantly enjoyed it. I had this amazing view, looking at and N and L playing nicely with their buckets and spades near the sea. I wore my Mango kaftan dress which was a hit and my polka dot Marks and Spencer swimsuit ...... this was my favoured swimsuit of the holiday. I felt slimmer in it and it held the boobs well, I will definitely be investing in another colourway next year. 


This had a great little beach bar, selling freshly squeezed fruit juices, beers and wines. The food menu I was slightly disappointed with again. I normally like to enjoy all types of fish like boquerones, sardines, clams and even paella at our favourite beach restaurants in Marbella, here the choice was limited, just baguettes, grilled tuna or grilled salmon. 

Somewhere that didn't disappoint on any level was Ca's Patro March ..... we had booked our holiday to Mallorca and then like most enjoyed the BBC series The Night Manager, this restaurant appeared and we googled it straight away and made it top of our list to visit. There was no white linen tablecloths or pretty fairy lights like on The Night Manager, instead it is just full of wooden tables and rustic charm with stunning, just stunning views!! 

Kaftan - Isabel Marant (similar here) | Sandals - Ancient Greek Sandals | Sunglasses - Ray Ban | Basket - Rae Feather

SHOP THIS LOOK





Lunch was sublime, every fish you could think of with views to die for ........ entertainment with daredevils diving from the cliffs, boat tenders coming in for lunch, it was people watching heaven for me. If you are to visit, I would advise you to book ...... the first sitting is at 1pm which they take bookings for after that, you have a long wait on the benches outside all thanks to Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddlestone. 


When I next visit Mallorca, Deia and Valldemosa near to Ca's Patro March will be my destinations of choice ...... just breathtakingly beautiful, very much like Tuscany.

Annmarie
xx

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time. Fab outfit choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your holiday.... Highs and lows. It is so great to get perspective from someone who's style I admire and who has a similar aged family. I think that the beaches and views in Majorca look stunning, but based on the busy, overcrowding you mentioned I think we will be heading back to Marbella/ San Pedro till our family are older. We thoroughly enjoyed el Ancla this year along with bar almatrimo ( your recommendations) and a few others. Thanks again for a wonderful blog. You and your family looked wonderfully stylish... Better than a style album IMHO. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cookie ...... after a two year break from Marbella, I think we will turn there next year. Looking forward already to visiting some of our favourite places. Glad you enjoyed my recommendations and thank you for your nice comments xx

      Delete
  3. Great! I’m 45 & a mom of 2 kids but I still buy into trends to some extent. Also I mix them with classic pieces which can always be in style. I really love to enjoy myself as a mom independently.
    bargain buys for busy mums

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest