Wednesday, 2 November 2016

FM40 STYLE | AS EVER ..... ALWAYS LATE TO THE PARTY

You are going to all scream with laughter when you find out what I am considering buying next ...... I have harped on about them not really being me for ages and you would never see me in pair ..... but then I saw Little Spree's Nicola Hornsby-Clifton on Instagram yesterday and it may have just confirmed that I could possibly wear them and not feel like 40 something idiot trying to look cool. The item in question .... a pair of Stan Smiths!!!!

Mondays post I featured the coveted Saint Lauren trainers and the brilliant cheaper alternative I have found to them  ...... but Stans are even cheaper.

I think the key for me is to wear them with tailored cropped trousers (that's how Victoria Beckham wears hers) with a cosy knit and a smart coat as I will feel more put together and more importantly more me.

Something like this .......







I know I can achieve this look with my white converse .... but for winter I need something more weatherproof and leather seems a better option. So, yes I am going to be about 18 months late to Stan's party, but don't get too excited I will not being teaming them with pleated midi skirts just yet! I  will stick to the tailored, paired down French look for now. 

Annmarie 
xx

** All images via Pinterest **

SHOP THE POST 



14 comments:

  1. I too love the stans and tailored cropped trousers look - can you tell me where to get the trousers featured in your images please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim .... the images are not mine, they are from Pinterest and are of other bloggers I suppose, so I don't know where exactly their trousers are from. I am looking for a pair myself and presently looking at &otherstories, Gap, Banana Republic, J Crew and Zara. I hope that helps .... once I have done more research I will do a post. xx

      Delete
  2. Reiss is good for trousers - really nice fit. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do ....thank you for reminding me. xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks to you both.....shopping tomorrow wish me luck...x

      Delete
  3. There's a really lovely pair of 'tailored joggers' on H&M website in grey, also in black and pinstripes which would look fab with Stans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much...I will check them out...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Stan smiths and wear them with dresses as well as trousers! You will not regret purchasing a pair!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Audrey, I have gone for them .... (so sorry for my late reply) xx

      Delete
  6. I feel exactly the same as you Anne Marie but I don't want to look like my teenage daughters. My solution has been Jigsaw's plain white pumps. They are fab, understated, no branding but still have that modern but not tring too har look. They might suit your look too. Just a thought. Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few people mentioned the Jigsaw ones and yes I do like the understated look of them ... but I have gone for the Stans mainly because had a discount code and I went for the navy & white rather than the traditional green and white. I felt the navy was more me.

      Delete
  7. I love my Stans but they are looking a bit tired now so I might try the Jigsaw option. I love Golden Goose but not the price. Maybe for Xmas...

    ReplyDelete
  8. La Redoute sell Stans and the offer they have at the moment makes them a very good price...I just bought the all white ones. Would have been £69 but with discount £44 or if you make your total purchase before discount up to £100 they work out at £35. I got them, a dress for my daughter and the Merci Beau Coup sweater for £50 with free delivery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest