Wednesday, 25 January 2017

FM40 STYLE | REFINED STYLE - MODERN CHIC



Sorting out my wardrobe last week I came to the conclusion that as I have become older (and wiser) my taste has become simpler and much more refined. 

 The colour palettes I now favour are greys, neutrals and it goes without saying anything monochrome. 

 The styles I have come to love now have very simple shapes (I do still have a weakness for a ruffle .... but we will keep that one quiet for the purpose of this post).

I love the look below,  the clean lines, the neutral colour palette and most of all the versatility of it ....

this outfit equally looks amazing with trainers or court shoes should you wish to smarten things up.




I like to call this look modern chic ..... 

I never thought I would be saying this, but Mary Nightingale is my new 40 plus style hero. Did you see her in Washington for Donald Trumps inauguration? ...... She did modern chic perfectly wearing a cream polo neck, cream duster coat, black trousers and converse high-tops (here). Her counterpart on Sky News (who will remain nameless ... you know the one I mean) looked far less cool in a more traditional newsreader outfit. 

Annmarie
xx

🖥 For more fabulous tips ...... The Online Stylist has wrote a perfect post here about refining her style -  How Blogging Helped Refine My Style  🖥

SHOP THIS POST




3 comments:

  1. I'm turning 40 this year and I sometimes feel now that I don't really know where i sit with my style anymore, like you I find it becoming more refined and simpler, I still like a splash of colour here and there, mostly on my lips but I think my fondness for bright colours and crazy pattens will lived out through my daughters wardrobes now... x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ..... me too I buy lots of floral things for my little girl. Simple and refined dressing lends it self totally to a bright red lip. xx

      Delete
  2. I've had a grey coat on my wishlist for the past couple of years and still haven't got one! Love the one you've featured x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest