Wednesday, 8 February 2017

FM40 STYLE | CAPSULE WARDROBE - PART 4


O T H E R  B O T T O M S  B E S I D E S  J E A N S 

I wear jeans 99% of the time ..... there are times when jeans are not suitable and believe it or not, I want to wear something else. When building a capsule wardrobe, what other bottoms would I recommend? Well, it goes without saying ..... black tailored trousers. I like mine to be slightly cropped, just grazing the ankle so they look perfect with heels, statement flats or trainers. 

I personally need to renew mine, I have had a pair of Banana Republic sloan fit for years, which have served me brilliantly! They have been worn to the office when I was a working mama, on a night out with heels (my safe evening look) and shopping accessorised with trainers .... you see black trousers are such a versatile piece to own. If you want to invest, I would recommend Joseph (I am hoping to upgrade mine to a pair). I did use to own two pairs of boot leg crepe Joseph trousers in the early 2000s and they had to be the most flattering trousers I have ever had! Of course the good old British high street have good options such as Whistles and Reiss

SHOP BLACK TROUSERS





Now let's discuss leather or pleather leggings. How do you wear these? Well, how I wear them is with a long shirt, jumper or tailored blazer..... NO one wants to see my backside in shiny leather or pleather. Don't be scared of them worn correctly they can look so chic ..... with a long white shirt and statement flats (Laura from Wardrobe Icons does this look well (here) or an oversized grey jumper and trainers for a cool mama look or you can go super glam on an evening out and wear them with a black or white tux jacket and killer heels (just like Emmanuelle Alt). If they still scare you, then a coated pair of jeans may be a safer option, my friend has these from Topshop and they look fabulous! Talking about Emmanuelle Alt, she wears a more cropped pair of leather trousers rather than the tight leggings, such like  J Brand who have done their Selena in leather one to watch for it's Outnet debut

The iconic pair of leather leggings are from Joseph, but they are pretty expensive, Hush and Baukjen do great alternatives which are half the price and both get excellent reviews. I have a pair of pleather ones from Next that I wouldn't really recommend, they look great, but go slightly baggy as the day or evening progresses. I do believe NewLook's £19.99 offering are worth a try as are H&M.



SHOP LEATHER LEGGINGS



Next up, you will need a statement skirt, which I believe is such a useful piece to own. Unlike a dress it will work with many other pieces in your wardrobe, especially during the festive period. Add a cashmere knit for an elegant day look or a crisp white shirt for a cocktail party. I have a lace black pencil skirt from Jaeger that I constantly fall back on.



SHOP STATEMENT SKIRTS



What shall we do next .....shoes or coats? As a self-confessed shoe addict let's do shoes. 

See you Friday 

 Annmarie xx

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely loving this set of blogs - you inspired me to finally buy a going out top that I've had my eye on and are well on the way to my purchase of leather leggings :) ( Clearly I shall blame your blog when my husband asks!!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest