Monday, 22 May 2017

FM40 STYLE | SUMMER HOLIDAY CAPSULE WARDROBE - PART 3

In part one of this series I did discuss the merits of taking mainly dresses on holiday as they take up less space in the case. However, as I have quite a little addiction to the pretty white blouse I do like to take a few on holiday and they always look perfect with denim shorts . Like strawberries and cream it is a perfect summer combination, you only have to look at Lucy from Fashion Me Now in her Isabel Marant top and denim cut offs. Gorgeous, just wish I had her legs!

A  P E R F E C T   S U M M E R  C O M B I N A T I ON 


SHOP MY FAVOURITE SUMMER TOPS 




Then you will need the shorts to go with the tops .... the safe bet is denim which go with everything and denim cut offs are literally timeless. I prefer a comfy relaxed fit which are slightly more flattering for the 40+ than for example Daisy from Dukes of Hazzard denim shorts. I have Gap's girlfriend fit denim shorts, I think they are these which I lived in on holiday last year. I also like chino shorts and I recommend Boden's Rachel chino shorts which are super flattering. Also, I hear on good recommendation that J Crew's 4 inch chino shorts are excellent.



SHOP MY SHORT RECOMMENDATIONS



Another winning combination is shorts and a breton ..... I always travel in a breton T-shirt it is very handy to have one with you on holiday no matter how tropical the weather is going to be ...... you may get a dodgy day weather wise or need a practical top for a sightseeing trip or just want to look nautically chic on a boat trip. 


I think I want this one ...... for my holiday to Guernsey. 

Annmarie
xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Annmarie. I have really enjoyed this series of posts. I need a new pair of denim shorts but I'm struggling as every piece of denim on the high street seems to be appliqued, half ripped to shreds or beaded! The JCrew ones you show above look very promising though so must head to Regents Street and give them a try.
    Wrote a long comment on your first summer capsule wardrobe blog but for some reason I couldn't post it so am keeping my fingers crossed for this one! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got this comment .... thank you! As I say my denim shorts are from Gap and they are really nice ... plain with no rips. The cut and style of the J Crew ones do look really nice and I would imagine they would be very flattering. Let me know how you get on. xx

      Delete
  2. The gap shorts are the best and I even get to wear a 8 as they come up big!! Loving the posts Annemarie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are and its always nice when you can downsize. Thank you honey!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pinterest